- About us
- ProgrammesUndergraduate ProgrammesPostgraduate ProgrammesInternational Programs
- University study
- Research & Publication
- Applied College of science and technology
- Student Services
- Contact Us
Master’s Degree in Accounting (MAcc)
Master of Accounting Program Overview
That the program achieve leadership in the field of accounting in line with the changes in the world of finance and business, professionally and academically
The Master of Accountancy program seeks to provide a distinguished educational and research service in the field of accounting in accordance with scientific standards, and to meet the requirements of development and the needs of the labor market, by providing an appropriate educational and research environment.
Master of Accounting Program Goals and Features
The objectives of the Master of Accountancy program are the following:
1- Developing the accounting skills of those enrolled in the program, in theory and in practice.
2- Developing the scientific research skills of those enrolled in the program.
3- Achieving interaction between those enrolled in the program and the business community and economic activities.
- Full-time qualified teaching staff, scientifically and practically qualified.
- Locally - regionally accredited certificate.
- Modern curricula that meet quality requirements and standards.
- An appropriate learning environment.
- Well-equipped and advanced laboratories.
- Teaching in specific and small groups to obtain an outstanding level.
Master of Accounting Career Opportunities
The job opportunities available to graduates in this field are numerous, and they are represented in a variety of job roles, such as:
- financial managers.
- Finance managers.
- Business risk managers.
- Accounting information systems specialist.
This program prepares graduates to operate and start their own businesses by educating them and strengthening their business background.
MAcc Program Admission Requirements
- Obtaining a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a grade of at least very good or its equivalent
- Pass the differentiation exams set by the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies and Practical Research
- Obtaining a TOEFL score or its equivalent in the English language according to the degree determined by the college in which the student studies (graduation condition)
- Study and pass the remedial courses successfully (if any)
Master of Accounting Program Objectives
The Master of Accounting program at UST – Yemen, strives to fulfil a number of qualities and outcomes, which include the following:
- To enhance students’ financial analysis and interpretation skills
- To enhance student skills in data analysis, and the operation of related software and systems to facilitate tasks and projects
- To employ analytical skills to assess operational and/or accounting-related errors, and to provide proper solutions accordingly
- To enhance critical thinking skills in relation to complex financial applications, and run related risk analyses.
- To make use of accounting data in the prediction of overall performance, and to take effective decisions accordingly
- To display high levels of professional commitment, as well as moral and organizational responsibility
- To operate on the basis of a profound understanding of legal and professional terms and policies in solving financial issues.
- To supply both local and private sectors in Yemen with qualified and specialized staff in the fields of professional practice, revision and related aspects.
- To enhance students’ knowledge and accounting related skills by allocating great focus to theoretical and practical core foundations of accounting
- To enhance overall analytical skills which help students better respond to modern financial issues, and to provide practical solutions accordingly.
Linking Theoretical Knowledge of MAcc with The Practical Implications
The Master of Accounting program offers students the opportunity to develop a set of technical, analytical and research-related skills, which enable them to thrive in the real-world application. As such, students will be learning about the processes of finical systems and tax operations, with the ability to solve related financial issues, in addition to analytical testing of legal aspects. The program scope also extends to the formation of business management plans in the related fields, as well as the analysis of individual behavioural aspects such as decision making, group behaviours, and leadership.
The program syllabus theme consists of topics such as the organizational structure as a whole, the overall design, the administrative environment, organizational change and development topics, as well as other aspects of individual skills and change and development management of organizations.