- About us
- ProgrammesUndergraduate ProgrammesPostgraduate ProgrammesInternational Programs
- University study
- Research & Publication
- Applied College of science and technology
- Student Services
- Contact Us
Bachelor Degree in Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Program Overview
Regional leadership and global excellence in medical education
The Bachelor of General Medicine and Surgery program at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences - University of Science and Technology seeks to graduate doctors with scientific qualifications and research skills, who are competitive locally and regionally, are committed to medical ethics and are capable of continuous learning, to contribute to the advancement of the local and global health status; Partnership with relevant authorities, by adopting advanced, community-oriented curricula, and modern technologies in accordance with quality standards and academic accreditation.
Bachelor Degree in Medical & Surgery Course Plan
MBBS Program Objectives and Features
The program aims to:
- Providing the community with doctors with distinguished scientific and professional research qualifications.
- Developing the program in accordance with quality standards and academic accreditation.
- Contribute to providing an educational and research environment for faculty members and students to carry out various scientific research that advances the health reality.
- Contribute to providing outstanding health services to the community.
- Contribute with the relevant authorities to build and develop a national health system based on sound scientific foundations.
- The College of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Science and Technology has adopted the Medicine and Surgery program as a modern study system in medical education, and this system is based on the horizontal and vertical integration of basic and clinical subjects in medicine, where the vocabulary of these subjects is concentrated on the different organs of the body (System-based content) from all subjects , as well as problem-based learning, and community-oriented learning.
- The Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery program is based on a semester-based system of Integrative Educational Groups (BLLC)
MBBS Admission and registration requirements
- A high school diploma in the Republic of Yemen, or its equivalent, is accepted in the major, at the rate determined annually by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Submit all the required documents, certified with the application for admission to the university, to the Admission and Registration Department.
- Admission is made according to the capacity specified by the university and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- The student undertakes to abide by the regulations, instructions and regulations of the university in force during the study.
- Students enrolled in some college programs are subject to differentiation tests, which are a criterion for college admission, and this is done through placement determination, a personal interview, as well as a GPA competition and an admission test.
Documents required for high school graduates:
- . The application form for admission (admission) with the completion of all the information contained therein, in accordance with the conditions of the university.
- The original certified high school certificate or its equivalent, accompanied by a true copy.
- If the secondary school is from outside Yemen, it will be baptized (original + copy) from the following authorities:
- The Ministry of Education in the country from which the certificate was issued.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the certificate is issued.
- Embassy of the Republic of Yemen in the country from which the certificate is issued.
- The Yemeni Foreign Ministry in Aden.
If the high school diploma is from a non-Arab country, it will be translated after ratification and ratification of the translated copy (according to Paragraph No. 3 above), in addition to its equivalency at the Ministry of Education in the Republic of Yemen.
- A copy of the personal or family card for Yemeni students.
- Six personal photos (4×6) with a white front background.
- Photocopies of the first eight pages of the passport (for non-Yemenis), provided that the passport is valid for more than one year, with a record of residing in Yemen for at least one year.
MBBS Career Opportunities
- Work in hospitals and clinics.
- Work in primary health care centers
- Work in the Ministry of Health.
- Work for the World Health Organization and other civil society organizations.
- Consulting work in hospitals, medical companies and health authorities.
- Academic work in health colleges.
- Work in scientific research centers
Academic consultation is one of the cornerstones in the medical education system in Yemen. It is also one of the central facilities which serve in favor of students from an academic, personal and professional perspective. As such teachers and academic staff at the faculty of medicine and health sciences – Yemen ensure that students receive proper consultation during their course of study in The MBBS course, beginning from registration guidance and until graduation and the attainment of the bachelor degree in medicine and surgery - Yemen. As such the academic consultant at the faculty of medicine and health science-Yemen performs the following duties roles;
- Introduces students to MBBS in Yemen, the course mission and objectives, underlying medical departments, and job scopes of graduates, in addition to medical services offered by the faculty of medicine and health sciences in Yemen
- Guides and properly advises medical students of the best options in accordance with the course plan during their course of study at the university, in order to ensure successful completion of degree requirements in medicine - Yemen
- To offer support and consultation to students in repose to adverse events and obstacles, and to help them with effective solutions accordingly
- To offer students with productive advice in all aspects concerning their academic performance.
- To specify periodic discussion sessions with students during which concerns and challenges are discussed.
- To encourage students in ways that may enhance their overall academic performance.
- To assist students in planning their medical studies, which includes suitable options for subject registration, and other areas.
- Structured tracking of students’ academic performance in registered subjects
- Nurturing students’ talent and developmental aspects
- To encourage students’ participation in extracurricular activities and scientific events related to the MBBS program – Yemen
- To offer consultation services to students during their academic period of study in the faculty of medicine and health sciences – Yemen
Learning Outcomes of the Bachelor of General Medicine and Surgery Program - Yemen
- To develop a comprehensive understanding of scientific facts related to health and disease aspects of the human body
- To form a clear connection between medical, psychological and other related factors in medical diseases of different types
- To demonstrate the ability of performing medical and clinical tasks with up to standard skills
- The consideration of clients’ needs as a central component in medical care
- Preforming related research activities
- Adherence to Islamic, professional and legal values, in addition to the codes of medical conduct during the study period and medical practice
- To demonstrate effective cooperation among medical staff team
- Lifelong learning and development
- To provide up to standard services which contributes in favour of the medical care system in Yemen.
- The effective use of technology in medical practice